This basic recipe for hummus can be used as a great base to add different flavors, or eat it just how it is with a great garlic flavor! If you are not a giant fan of garlic, you can add only 1 clove, and it will still be yummy. If you cannot find tahini, plain creamy peanut butter works well too!
Write a review
- 1 1/2 Cups of chickpeas ( or 1 -15 ounce can)
- 1/3 Cup tahini
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Salt to taste
- Wash and rinse the chickpeas
- Add all ingerdients into a food processor and blend until creamy.
- If the consistency is to thick, add water - 1 tbsp. at a time.
- Serve with your favorite crackers, pita chips or vegetables.
- Garnish with a dusting of smoked paprika & sprinkle with a few pine nuts for texture.