Let’s face it folks. Gone are the days when we could eat a whole jar of cheese sauce, because we wanted a snack, needed something to dip our pretzels in, or to put on top of nachos, spread on hot dogs, or just plain ol’ stick your finger in the jar, and eat it straight from there. Those were the days. Who even knows to this day what was in that sauce anyway!? With this sauce, you know exactly what you are getting…nothing processed, and everything good!
This cheese sauce does not stop at broccoli…no señor! You can Bubba Gump this sauce, and use it for, cheese sauce nachos, cheese sauce and pretzels, cheese sauce and veggies, cheese sauce and pasta, cheese sauce out of the bowl, etc…catch my drift!? Enjoy!
- 2 cups peeled potato cut into cubes
- 1 carrot, chopped into cubes
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk ( unsweetened)
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked or regular paprika
- 4 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- salt to taste
- Place together the potato and carrot in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Drain the water and place into a food processor
- Add all the other ingredients to the mixture inside the food processor and pulse for about 2 minutes, or until it has a creamy texture.