I am not trying to get all serious on you guys with this post, so I will try to keep it light!I suffer with anxiety, and it is definitely not fun. ( I know…what a debbie downer, right?) I am anxious about anything and everything. Things that “could” happen ( which I know deep down inside will not, still will cause anxiousness. UGH….it really sucks. Recently, I discovered this unbelievable little latte. After I made it once, I can really say that is calms the nerves. I read a little bit more about the ingredients on this magical latte, and found that is it also great for depression, inflammation, migraine headaches, and a plethora ( I have always wanted to use that word) of other things. I even made it for my 16 year old niece who has no ailments, and she loves it, and requests it, because it is that good! Please, whatever you do, don’t spill it…turmeric is a pain in the you-know-what to get out of fabrics. I have learned the hard way. Funky yellow stains on everything are not very attractive 🙂
So sit down, calm down, and drink down. You will definitely feel better!
- 1 1/2 cups oat milk ( almond, soy, cashew, etc...will work)
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- add ingredients to a small saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- as the milk heats, whisk the ingredients until it becomes frothy and smooth (about 3-5 minutes). OR use a hand mixer and emulsify it.
- simmer a few minutes on low
- put in your favorite cup, and enjoy!