Let’s face it…whipped cream tastes amazing on just about everything. Pies, cakes, sundaes, coffee drinks, pasta…okay, not really, ok maybe…I always have to watch myself, and skip out on it, because it is either, not organic, full fat, etc. I always think to myself “How can anything healthy come from a spray can”? As a kid that was one of the best part of Thanksgiving..spraying a boatload of mystery spray cream into your mouth. Now that I am an adult, I have this great recipe for non dairy whipped cream as a great stand in. Have as much as you want of it…although it does have fat, it is good for you fat…fat that does not show up on your thighs after the holidays saying..”I told you to put down the spray can”! Flavor it with some maple syrup, and a dash of vanilla, and you will be the hit of the next holiday party! No really, I am serious. People will not believe that it is dairy free, and home made. So toss the spray can, pick up a giant spoon, and go to town!
- 1 Can ( 15. oz ) coconut milk ( make sure it is pure coconut milk - not processed ) You can find it in the ethnic foods section
- 1 Tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. Pure maple syrup
- Place the can in the fridge for 24 hours ( this is so the cream can separate from the water in the coconut milk. It will harden at the top of the can.
- Open your can and scoop out the hardened part of the cream only. The water will have settled in the bottom of the can. Leave that part in.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, mix the cream, vanilla, and syrup until fluffy
- You will need to use right away or store in an airtight container and put in the fridge, as the oil will separate from the cream.
- If you put it in the fridge for later, and may need a little whisking to fluff back up.