I have a child that eats pretty much anything I put in front of him. I am pretty lucky with that…BUT he loathes vinegar, or anything with vinegar in it. He can smell it 10 miles away, and won’t get near a plate that has it. I personally love it in all forms, Balsamic, Glaze, Modena, Rice, etc…catch my drift? Today he found out that I was making these veggies and he was excited. Until…he walked into the kitchen, and smelled vinegar. ( Cue the Darth Vader anthem). He immediately said he wasn’t touching them, and walked out. Crap.. my honest taste tester for these potatoes and carrots was not gonna do it. My daughter on the other hand eats like a garbage disposal, and does not even breathe when she chews…kind of like a German Shepherd, so she was of no help. So I pulled them out of the oven, and he noticed the smell was gone, so he reluctantly said he would try them ( with a face of disgust of course) ..I did not hear a peep the whole meal from his mouth, until the plate was gone, and he told me he actually liked them..honestly. Even with a smile. Yes! I converted him to the vinegar dark side…
One side note…make sure when plating these guys, scoop the runaway garlic on top of the potatoes…they have little bursts of flavor!
- 4-5 Carrots peeled and cut into thin strips
- 9-12 New potatoes small & cut in half
- 5 Garlic cloves or more if you LOVE garlic like me!
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. Modena Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dry thyme
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Bunch of parsley coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425º
- Peel and cut carrots
- Cut potatoes in half
- Mince garlic
- Put oil, vinegar, garlic, thyme in a large bowl. Whisk together.
- Add veggies, and toss until everything is well coated
- Place in a large baking pan in oven for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender with a fork ( all ovens cook different)
- Sprinkle on parsley, and add more salt & pepper to your liking