Ah, summer days. There is nothing better than a cold ice cream to make all of the hot flashes disappear, right? Who am I kidding? It is winter, and I am freezing my butt off. (No… “Sunny Spain” is not always sunny. Boooooooo.). It isn’t summer, and I am not enjoying an ice cream…BUT I just made this amazing mango sorbet, and the cold just does not matter to me anymore. It is a cheater’s way to eat fresh mangoes, and turn them into a junk food ( that is not so junky) at the same time. It has a creamy smooth texture, with a burst of mango, and a hint of honey. Best of all, it is very simple to make, and that my friends is always a plus. So that’s it folks! Sit on the couch with your snuggie, a pint of mango sorbet, and let’s binge watch some Netflix.
- 2 Large Mangoes
- 1/4 Cup of honey
- 1/2 Cup of water
- Peel and cut mangoes into small cubes
- Place them in a non stick pan, or bowl, and put in the freezer overnight
- Remove the magoes from the freezer, and place in a food processor along with the honey and water
- Pulse until there is only a smooth and creamy texture- no chunks
- Put the mixture into a bowl, and place in the freezer for 1-2 hours
- Put on a cone or a cup and enjoy!