Let’s get one thing straight here. Hummus could be one of the worlds most unbelievable foods. I am actually going to go as far as saying, that I blame hummus for my vegetarian muffin top. It is a healthy layer of chub, so I don’t care. It just means that I am healthy gal that has an overwhelming love for a garbanzo bean…or is it a chickpea? Is there even a difference? Ok, now I think I am saying one of them wrong. I guess you can call it either or.
We all know that plain hummus is great, but sun dried tomato hummus is better! If you love the deep rich flavor of a sun dried tomato and basil, this will be a perfect go to snack. Hummus is such a healthy versatile food, and you can add just about anything to it to make it is perfect snack. It is also a great staple snack, because it keeps you full for a long time. There are even recipes for chocolate hummus, you know if breakfast, lunch, and dinner hummus is not good enough, now we need a dessert one too. (we will definitely have that recipe later on)…
Enjoy your new addiction!
- 1 can chickpeas ( conserve liquid )
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp basil packed
- 8-10 sun dried tomatoes
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Add chick peas to a food processor along with sun dried tomatoes, 2 Tbsp oil from jar, lemon juice, tahini, garlic and salt.
- Pulse for 1 minute
- Add 2 Tbsp of the liquid from chick pea can then pulse 2 - 3 minutes longer
- Add basil and pulse until just minced into hummus.
- Topped with more olive oil from sun dried tomato jar, additional fresh basil and finely chopped sun dried tomatoes. Serve with crackers or fresh veggies.