Purple potatoes. These things are incredibly beautiful. Like a regular potato, but bumped up a million notches. Full of antioxidants, and lower in carbs, and did I mention they are super pretty? This recipe for Tricolor Basil Pesto Potatoes with Parmesan Cheese could make such a beautiful addition to any dinner party. The multi colored potatoes look so fancy, and the purple potatoes will definitely get people talking, because they are just so different! If there are any awkward silences at your table, start talking about the purple potatoes. Watch how the table will start buzzing about how neat they are, instead of staring at each other with nothing to say. I don’t know why it works, it just does.
They are mixed with an amazing pesto sauce – minus the pine nuts ( they really are not needed here..sorry pine nuts, not this time.) Who does not want to sit down in front of a beautiful plate of potatoes, full of basil and Parmesan cheese, perfectly roasted, and spiced to perfection? Count me in. Count me all in. Your potatoes have never looked so gorgeous. In conclusion, Purple is definitely the new Russet.
- 3-4 small purple potatoes
- 5 small new potatoes
- 3-4 small red potatoes
- 1 bunch of basil ( about 1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 shallots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a food processor, place the basil, shallots, garlic, and 4 tbsp. of olive oil. Pulse until the mixture is smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 400º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the potatoes with 4 tbsp. olive oil, salt, and pepper in a medium bow, Mix well, making sure to coat each potato.
- Place the potatoes in the baking sheet, and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove potatoes, and place into a bowl with the basil mixture. Toss to coat, and place back into the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- Transfer potatoes into the bowl one last time, add cheese an mix well.
- Place in a serving bowl