Sprinkles make everything pretty and yummy right? I think you could pretty much put confetti sprinkles on liver and onions, and it may be just good enough to eat. Ok, now I have passed the line. I don’t think so. And what is this avocado business!? In a brownie? Now that is just ew right?….Stay tuned folks. These just might be your favorite brownie yet.
Finding a good brownie these days is hard enough, let alone finding a vegan version. Most people think, oh gawd…a vegan version? This is for sure gonna taste like cardboard. If you are not a vegan yourself, I know you are thinking it, and I will forgive you. Vegan food is so good…you don’t know what you are missing!
The avocado is this recipe is basically replacing the egg, and that is great, because you are removing bad cholesterol for good cholesterol. And on top of it all, avocado has no flavor, so don’t get worried that you will have avocado flavored brownies. You will not.
Go ahead and indulge…pour a cup of coffee, glass of wine, or even a glass of oat milk, and take these brownies down. They compliment just about any beverage. And next time anyone asks if you know the magical powers of avocado, you will totally know.
- 1/4 cup mashed avocado
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup brown, organic or cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate or vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Grease an 8-inch square pan or rectangle pan with cooking spray
- In medium bowl, smash the avocado until smooth
- Add olive oil, and mix well
- Add in the flour, sugar, baking soda, cocoa powder, salt, and water
- Add chocolate chips, and mix well
- Pour the banner into the pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with an additional 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Sprinkle on those sprinkles!