Holy Moly! Tomorrow is the fourth of July. I seriously cannot believe it. I always loved the forth of July as a kid…mainly because of the food. I don’t think there is anything that I like more at a family barbecue than a big ol’ plate of creamy coleslaw. The only thing that erked me, is the amount of mayo that goes into making it. That means you can: A. Eat as much as you want and really regret it later that night and the entore day after…or B. Eat very little and pout in the corner because you can’t have anymore of it, because it is just flat out bad for you. I would always choose A, and of course regret it. With this recipe for Vegan Creamy Summertime Coleslaw, I can always choose A, and that is so exciting!! YEAH! The whole bowl is goin’ down!! Happy 4th!
- FOR THE MAYO:
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt * more or less(
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- FOR THE SLAW:
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- Place soy milk, salt, mustard, garlic powder, vinegar and agave in a blender.
- Place the lid on the blender and turn to the lowest setting
- Remove the small cup on the lid of the blender and slowly add the oil. If you add it to quickly it will curdle.
- Place the lid back on and blend until the mayo is thick and creamy....but not too much.
- Add the shredded cabbage, and carrots in a large bowl. Toss with the mayo and refrigerate for 1 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!